Eric Luedtke, after discussing some language from Progressive Maryland, on the state of working Maryland:
This is what makes efforts like increasing the minimum wage, strengthening the living wage, guaranteeing paid sick days, finding ways to get people health insurance, and reinforcing labor protections are so important.Our economic growth is leaving too many behind.So let's follow Luedtke's logic here.
- Maryland's economy is leaving too many people behind.
- We need more Government to fix the problem.
- Government has gotten too big.
- Martin O'Malley and Annapolis Democrats cannot control spending.
- Martin O'Malley and Annapolis Democrats cannot control their urge to raise taxes on the middle and working classes.
- Businesses who can afford to leave Maryland are due to higher taxes, more regulations, and labor unfriendly laws like living and prevailing wage laws.
- Fewer and fewer jobs are left for middle and working class employees.
- The left responds by calling for even bigger government.
- Return to step 2 and repeat.
People on the fringe left like Luedtke need to realize that they are part of the problem, not part of the solution.